Tuesday, August 04, 2009

the birthday moon card

ever had one of those moments when the whole universe conspires to put in that moment, that spot, giving you the feeling that you just have to do something that will in the end make you really2 satisfied?

well it happened to me this morning. as in early morning. 

my phone made one of those annoying beeps at 2.50 am. 
it was a birthday reminder for a friend of mine. she was born at 2.50 am and i prefer to say happy birthday on the exact time of their birth, rather than at 00.00 am like most people. 
so rose, wiped the sleep out of my eyes. sent the usual sms, and also as precaution left a message on her Facebook wall. 
then my bladder forced me to go out of the room and head towards the bathroom.
after i relieved myself, i walked out and saw the moon, Full, bright, without a mask of cloud, and perched low enough to be captured by my 18-55 lens. 

i went to my room, after some consideration i picked up my trusty new, still a-couple-of payments-due camera (her name's Nadezhda, russian for "hope"), and headed out and up to the balcony. i started at 2.59 and after numerous attempts i was finally satisfied with a shot i made at 3.09. then as a tribute to the birthday girl, i tried to write her name using the moon. that was quite troublesome, but i finally finished at 3.18.

i got back to the room, selected 6 images, and then started tinkering them with photoshop. 
it was hard to judge the brightness of the picture, since my monitor is broken, making everything seemed darker than they are. 
i used the auto functions and then laid them out. i wasn't in the mood for anything fancy, it was 3.30 in the morning.

but there it is... 

and i like it. not because it's an exceptional picture, but because i just acted on instinct and managed to produce something nice. 

i wish chances to do things like that comes more often in my life. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Novieta Tourisia said...

Oh so fascinating, Ndi.

Can i have one on my birthday next November? ;-)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous indira gajah said...

that depends, when are you born? i can't make a moon card if you're born in broad daylight

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home